Sunday, December 3, 2017

In Memory of Biuk K

There is no photo for this blog entry. Last night I heard that a colleague passed away. I have not thought about him for many years. I think the last time was when I saw a note on Facebook that he had retired. I knew him when I worked in a large heath care organization in the Midwest. He was a clinical engineer. I didn't really work with him - we passed each other in the hallway all the time. He was the kind of guy you liked to pass by in the hallway all the time. For whatever reason we started to chat because his last name was Iranian and I wanted to know more about him. Before we visited Iran in 1996 to visit my husband's home town and family, I asked him about his experience there. He was from Tabriz. He was married and had a couple of children I recall. When I came back from our adventure overseas I shared with him my photos of the trip. He was always so pleasant and sweet and you left whatever conversation you had with him with a smile on your face. So I felt a sting last night when I heard of his passing. All the comments people are making about him have that same reaction  - such a lovely soul. It's a wonderful way to be remembered. And it brings a smile to my face. 

No comments:

Post a Comment