Saturday, May 26, 2018

Calling All Artists - Library of Congress Art Show

I have been participating in the Library of Congress employee art show for the last several years. I always submit two digitalart works that will be on display for about six months in the Madison Building. And even as a retiree, I can still participate. It’s easy for me to get the artwork to the Library because all I have to do is walk two blocks up the street - the same as my commute when I worked there for ten years. Yesterday the email arrived to let us know the dates for drop off. Luckily I had the two portraits I selected a few months back already printed and framed, so all I need to do is attach the paperwork for agreement and registration. This time I picked the bulldog with the red flower entitled “Who wouldn’t love this face?” and one of my favorites of a goofy pooch entitled “Happy dog.” There is just something about having your artwork displayed in such an interesting place. And, there is a variety of traffic passing by the designated area - who knows who will see it? It’s a great opportunity for me to visit the Library and probably run in to some of my past colleagues. I generally don’t like to bother people at work, but if I run in to them in the hallway, so much the better. 














No comments:

Post a Comment