Sunday, June 24, 2018

Billy Bob Thornton, Goliath, and Amazon Prime

My husband loves Billy Bob Thornton. It all started with Slingblade all the way through to Fargo on FX. So when we recently saw an add for a second season of Goliath on Amazon, I knew he would want to see it. I’m not sure how I escaped season one! But since we don’t have Amazon Prime Video, we were out of luck. So I started researching - again - the benefits of having Prime. Over a year ago we got a new LG TV and added Apple TV. Since then I have learned the ropes of using Apple TV and have added Acorn TV because we love all things British. And I recall that Apple TV would never have an Amazon App back then. But things have changed. So I figured out I could now get Amazon Prime on our Apple TV. So, having the shows through that, along with expedited free shipping, and a Whole Foods store opening two blocks away this summer, we decided an Amazon Prime subscription was worth the cost. You should have seen the look on his face when I told my husband his show was now available to watch. So all this week season one of Goliath was the program of choice every night until last night when it concluded. Now we have season two to begin watching. But I need to mix that up with a little Midsomer Murder, British Baking Show, and Endeavor. The trouble is I need to figure out if Acorn TV is even needed anymore because Prime seems to have a lot of what is available on Acorn. Then there’s Xfinity Comcast programming that we aren’t sure we can do without yet. It’s getting very confusing! The options are unlimited. But you are also paying for it in one way or another. But for now, my husband is very happy. So it’s all worth it. 







No comments:

Post a Comment