Friday, June 22, 2018

Potted Paradise

We haven’t been to the National Mall for our morning walk since the temperatures have turned warm and humid. But today was only in the sixties and pouring rain for the most part. I really dislike rain and hate walking in it even more. But since I retired I grin and bear it for the sake of the exercise. After passing through the gardens at the Hirshhorn Museum and the Smithsonian Castle, the Potted Paradise garden area just opened. So we took a little detour past the Sackler Gallery to find out what was new this year. Some of the more unusual and exotic plants line the pathway. I’m not sure if it looks better in sunshine or dampness. I do know that most flowers photograph better in cloudy conditions - at least that’s been my experience. We will definitely come back to see the change over the summer because the flowers are just getting started and not all of the flowers have been planted. This really is a beautiful city for displays and gardens like this. It’s a lot easier to take the photos without hauling around an umbrella. But once in a while it’s tolerable. 




















No comments:

Post a Comment