Thursday, June 28, 2018

National Gallery of Art

Yesterday we took our morning walk to the National Gallery of Art passing by a very loud fireworks safety display on the National Mall. We wanted to see the Cézanne Exhibit - and we did. But before we went for lunch in the cafeteria by the waterfall on the concourse level, we strolled around a few other galleries until we were visually overloaded! Probably for most people the French impressionist paintings are most loved (?) - or maybe I feel that way because I am drawn to them the most. Monet, Manet, Van Gogh, Gauguin, Renoir, Lautrec, Degas, Matisse, Pissarro, Bazille, Seurat, and many more we all on display. I recognized the Mary Cassatt as we passed through the American gallery. I’ve always liked watercolors and pastels, but never used oil paints. Now everything I do is hand painted digital art on my iPad. I was never really an art student per se - didn’t study it nor visit a lot of art galleries growing up. So when the new exhibits come to town it’s a good excuse to pay a visit. I particularly like to focus and zone in on parts of the scene rather than the whole to observe the detail and animation it represents. It’s nice to be able to just walk on over from our house. Washington DC is an interesting place to live, and this is one of the reasons. 
















































No comments:

Post a Comment