Saturday, June 23, 2018

Zinio New York Review of Books

Whenever a “doesn’t work” message displays on my husband’s iPad, he hands it over to me to fix. I usually ask him to reboot it before I start to troubleshoot. And so was the case when he wasn’t able to open or download a New York Review of Books subscription. He didn’t have any problems the day before, but was getting a weird message which of course no longer existed when I looked at it. It is one of the few items that I thought we had auto renew on through Zinio. I am usually hesitant about putting anything on auto renew - having been fooled one time. But to try and figure that out was I even more difficult. So I just opened the app and looked at the account information and couldn’t find anything. Then I just wrote to the Zinio contact to let us know the status of our subscription. Before I got an answer I queried our emails for past correspondence and found the renewal notice that was sent in December 2017. So it wasn’t an issue with a past due subscription after all - just a glitch that just happens. Shortly thereafter we got a message from Zinio that shows the steps to access your status. I sometimes have the same problem with iTunes subscriptions - one for the New Yorker and one for Acorn TV. My husband doesn’t have a lot of habits and he loves reading these items on line. So it’s worth this occasional hiccup if it makes him happy. For whatever reason I can usually figure it out, and I won’t stop until I do. Luckily I wasn’t caught up in some other important business at the time. Although I would try to get it right anyway. 








No comments:

Post a Comment