Friday, March 1, 2019

A Voice From The Past

I haven’t been entering any updates on Facebook as much as I used to for the last many months. But I do add something to my LITDigitalart business page every day. So it was interesting to get a friend request. It was from someone I used to work with at the hospital in the Midwest almost forty years ago. That was when I was a practicing Registered Nurse. I worked on a medical unit, then a surgical unit, then ICU, then managed the cath lab, then was the head nurse of a medical and a telemetry unit. I didn’t spend a lot of time doing bedside nursing and it’s been a very long time since I did. The last ten years of my employment were at the Library of Congress, and the fifteen years before that were in healthcare administrative positions in a large system. I’m always struck when someone asks me if I remember them - because just seeing the name is usually familiar and it feels just like yesterday. And so was the case with Deb. I remember her being quite pretty and well put together. So I accepted her friend request and she wrote a short note. It took me back all those many years and it made me feel really good. I remember her, and all the people I used to know there - several I’m still in contact with now. It just feels funny to be remembered in a role I didn’t play in very long. But it’s nice to know her thoughts about it. 




No comments:

Post a Comment