Thursday, March 7, 2019

Ancestry DNA Results

I got the notice last night but I didn’t want to look at them right away. For whatever reason I felt a little uncomfortable knowing that my DNA results were ready to review. On a whim I decided to have the test done thinking that something surprising may come out of it. So when I looked at the outcome this morning I was underwhelmed. Don’t ask me why, but it just felt so generic. I haven’t spent a lot of time yet looking at records or seeing who I possibly may be connected to. There were a couple of documents that looked interesting - like a WWII draft card of my grandfather who was 49 at the time? But it was him all right. Most of what I saw I already knew. I spent a lot of time looking up information back when Ellis Island was renovated and reopened. It was my Dad’s father we didn’t know much about. But eighty one per cent of Eastern Europe and Russia doesn’t tell me much. I’m not really sure what I was expecting. I suppose I’ll just  have to explore more when my enthusiasm returns. Have any of you felt the same way? 










No comments:

Post a Comment