Tuesday, March 5, 2019

Faulty Starlink Subaru Reporting

With our new 2016 Subaru Forester came Starlink vehicle health reports. We would get an email notice that the month report was available for review. It showed the status of all the main components - whether they were “ok” or required attention. For whatever reason I noticed we weren’t getting notifications anymore. When I checked the actual reports they were stuck on the “eyesight and check engine light requiring attention.” But, we had those items corrected a long time ago. I reported the issue to Subaru and have had an ongoing back and forth discussion and several emails saying the issue would be investigated, etc. Last week we had a routine car check at the Subaru dealer and specifically asked that the DCM (data control module) be analyzed. They assured us it was. Did the health report change this month? No. Now they say it may be a timing issue. Seeing that the Starlink reporting is a subscription service I finally requested a refund for all the months the reporting was inaccurate. I haven’t heard back yet. I’m disappointed because we really like Subaru. I hope this ends on a positive note. 












No comments:

Post a Comment