Monday, September 23, 2019

There’s Something in My Eye

My eyes have been feeling a bit dry lately. Sometimes it’s even difficult to just open them in the morning. With a fan blowing on me all night it probably makes them even more dry. Since both my husband and I have eye pressure problems, we both take the same prescription eye drops. What that means is even more visits to the eye doctor. This morning it felt like something was in my eye and I couldn’t get it out. So I put in a couple of drops of Visine. It felt better, but got gritty again. It so happens we had another eye doctor appointment scheduled today. Luckily the pressures have gone down, but our doctor said my eyes are really very dry. So much so that it was like sandpaper on the eye that was bothering me today. So to get me back to somewhat normal, she said to start taking eye drops/tears four times a day for two weeks, and then cut back to twice a day. Between those drops and the prescription drops I’ll be taking a lot of drops. So we stopped at the CVS on the way home and got a two bottle Visine deal. The bottle I had at home was dated 2015 and the sample bottle I got from the office a long time ago was also long overdue. It seems to have been the year of cataract surgery in my family - my sister just had one eye done, and two cousins earlier this year. My husband may be the next one up. It’s just something else to think about. Now we have to schedule another visit in three months. 














No comments:

Post a Comment