Tuesday, September 3, 2019

Where’s Waldo at the Book Festival/Convention Center

My husband dared me to walk around the perimeter of the main stage at the Convention Center. We didn’t take a walk in the morning, so he thought it would be a good idea. I didn’t. When we went to the Library of Congress book festival last Saturday evening, we drove down to the DC Convention Center. After picking up the obligatory 2019 festival book bag, we headed to the main stage to hear Michael Beschloss. Since we had twenty minutes to waste, walking about seemed like a reasonable idea. Instead, I watched my husband walk about. In the process he took a few photos from close by, then further and further away. Neither one of us could believe how HUGE the place was. I suppose when you think the auto shows and all sorts of other entertainment goes on in the center you’d need a space like this. So the photos reminded me of Where’s Waldo? Since I knew where I was it wasn’t a very hard guess. By the end of the program Michael Beschloss was taking photos of the audience. I bet he couldn’t believe how big the place was either. 
















No comments:

Post a Comment