Monday, November 6, 2023

52Frames Inspired by a Famous Photographer Weekly Photo Challenge

The 52Frames photo challenge subject this week was “inspired by a famous photographer.” My husband suggested Abbas Kiarostami, an internationally known Iranian filmmaker, photographer and so much more. I was particularly intrigued by the wind, rain, glass photographs. Unfortunately I only had one opportunity to take photos because it only rained one time last week - and at night. My preference was day time, but the skies didn’t cooperate. So I got a bit wet standing on our fourth floor balcony and hoped for the best. I took a few photos and they turned out okay. This time my husband and I couldn’t agree on one we both liked. Thank goodness the idea is to conceptually try to reproduce an image in the likeness of the artist rather than do something exactly like it. So my interpretation was go with the flow of wind, rain and glass - the glass being the balcony surround, along with the rain and wind elements. We finally decided the photo with the car was best because of the colors - especially the light reflections on the wet road. My husband preferred a closer crop to eliminate the building. I usually agree with his viewpoint because he has great taste. I am too personally involved to be objective. I don’t think this week will be a winner, but I did my best. 












No comments:

Post a Comment