Monday, November 27, 2023

52Frames Nature Weekly Photo Challenge

The subject for the 52Frames photo challenge this week was “nature.”  I really like putting together composite photos and this week was no exception. I didn’t have anything specific in mind. So when we took a morning walk in the neighborhood park I just started to take photos of leaves and trees. I thought I liked the image of the sun peaking through bare tree trunks and branches, but then added a bit of painting to it. My husband didn’t care for it at all. That is never a good sign because the idea is to find an image that we both like. There was a lovely American Beech Tree with golden leaves that held promise. Then I remembered a deer photo we took a couple of months back. The main image needs to have been taken during the week of the challenge; and bits for a composite can be taken from elsewhere and/or taken during the same week. Since we didn’t see any deer this week I opted for a past image. So the black cages around the saplings were painted in and the house parts behind the trees were eliminated. The deer was isolated and placed under the canopy and some shade was added to make it look like it belonged there. Then it was cropped to move the trunk off center. A couple of the leaf pictures were okay, but we ended up uploading the composite. As our friend says, it doesn’t seem right any more to just take a photo. You need to create a composite. It’s always a fun project. 




















No comments:

Post a Comment