Tuesday, November 21, 2023

52Frames Third Time Weekly Warrior

I just received an email from 52Frames. It’s a weekly photo challenge project that I belong to - thanks to a friend of ours from the Midwest who introduced it to me during the pandemic. The idea is to take a photo each week based on a specific subject. The photo entered must be taken during that week. So I was reminded from 52Frames that this is another year that I have gone without missing a week. They always say it doesn’t matter about the quality. Sometimes it’s just about getting out there and taking an image of something even if you aren’t up to it. Luckily for me I have a wonderful husband who helps me all along the way. And best of all it gives us an excuse to ride in to town, or Old Town Alexandria, or Theodore Roosevelt Island, or anywhere else that might help us figure out a great setting for the particular subject. This is the third year that we have met the weekly expectation. We always take morning walks anyway, but this gives us a particular purpose. And I’ve actually learned a lot of new terms and improved my digital art skills at the same time - especially creating composite images. And best of all I’ve met a lot of interesting people from all over the world and the platform also serves as a social network for people who like to take photos. My iPhone is my camera so it’s stiff competition! Anyway, it’s been an interesting theee years and now there is a catalogue of all the activities we participated in. And four times my photos were selected as the top 52 for the week. I never would have expected that. So thank you Harold for introducing me to the project. It’s well worth it. 










No comments:

Post a Comment