Friday, November 3, 2023

A Walk in the Woods

My husband doesn’t really care for fall. In fact he said he never even paid attention to the changing leaves until I brought it up. Spring is his favorite season and it is also his birthday month. My parents would visit us in the Midwest at this time of the year. My dad loved fall and it was also his birthday month. I like them both - my husband and my father as well as spring and fall. The changing leaves look so pretty in the bright sunlight and even prettier in the rain and mist. So last week we had the opportunity to experience both. I made it a point to stop by as many different types of trees and leaves as possible although I’m sure we missed a few. The birds and animals didn’t appreciate the record warmth changing to frigid cold because we couldn’t hear or see any of the usual deer, herons, fox or feathered friends. But watching the leaves falling in the breeze is such a peaceful scene  - sort of like snowflakes dancing in the winter skies. It’s nice to have a neighborhood park to experience all of these delights. I am not looking forward to daylight savings time changes this weekend. It gets too dark too early and I need sunshine. That is one huge disappointment with the seasons changing. At least Virginia is a lovely state to experience all of the seasons. 











































No comments:

Post a Comment