Monday, April 1, 2024

52Frames Minimalist Weekly Photo Challenge

Last week my husband and I were still in recovery mode after testing positive for Covid over two weeks ago. We were just starting to resume our morning walk schedule in the neighborhood park starting with a half mile, then a mile, and finally at the end of the week getting back to two miles. So we weren’t in the mood to drive in to town for the 52Frames photo challenge. That left me with trying to get creative for the subject “minimalism.”  I had been drinking a hot tea every afternoon to up my water intake and it struck me that I should do something with the teacup. So I spent a bit of time just taking photos from above the teacup - with the teabag - on the glass top dining room table and on the kitchen peninsula. After editing the cup out of the background and creating a plain background I thought I was done. But later in the week I decided to make more of an effort. Since the background was so plain the idea to add some water vapor/smoke might bring it alive. So I painted that in the composite image. It still didn’t do much. Then I played around with the background color. A much darker color was used that matched the color of the teabag and the teacup finally came to life. Both my husband and I liked the contrast more than the original milk toast. The cup was also moved to the left and enlarged so you could see the bubbles and the teabag texture. Sometimes you need to put something away and look at it again later. It definitely helped this time. 
















No comments:

Post a Comment