Thursday, April 11, 2024

Air Fryer Pork Chops and Brussels Sprouts

We have had an air fryer for about six months. I’m not sure why it took us so long to realize we needed one! My husband is a big French fry fan and that was the incentive. We started with a small basket type and then got a larger combi oven that could accommodate more without having to do batches. Now we often use them both at the same time. We weren’t planning on making pork chops since we usually don’t eat a lot of meat. We prefer salmon, shrimp and chicken. At the grocery store this week my husband asked if we should try pork chops. So we found a package that looked reasonably good - although I prefer no bones. He was also wanting to have Brussel sprouts. When we got home I looked for air fryer recipes for both and found two that looked good. I’m not a big Brussels sprouts fan, but they turned out pretty well in the air fryer. We didn’t soak them in water - if you prefer them a bit softer. We may try that the next time. As for the pork chops, they also turned out pretty well. I always like things on the well done side. These chops were peretty thin so we could have used less time cooking them. We added the leftover pierogi to the mix and the dinner was quite good. The next evening we had leftover pork chops with pesto pasta, using another new recipe for the pasta. I still don’t know why anyone would use a large oven to cook dinner. The air fryer is simply so much easier - especially when it’s just the two of us. 


















No comments:

Post a Comment