Wednesday, February 26, 2014

Groundhog Day

Everyone has had enough of winter. I don't care who you are. We moved here from the Midwest to escape this nonsense. Yesterday I went for coffee on the sixth floor of the Madison Building. From there, you could barely see our house facing south, and the Capitol facing west it was so thick with the dreadful white stuff. By the time I walked home after work it was gone. This morning when we walked to work, it looked exactly as it did yesterday except it was colder and more slippery. And when I went for coffee this morning the scene from the sixth floor was the same. The only difference is I cropped today's photos to get a clearer outline of our building and the Capitol. I oftentimes wonder if we should have moved further south. But I'm not sure it would have made much difference this year. I can't wait to get rid of this heavy coat and boots. Some people already have. They obviously never check the weather or care about freezing. 




No comments:

Post a Comment