Thursday, April 2, 2015

Cannon, Longworth and Rayburn House Office Building Afternoon Walk

I decided to take a different route for my afternoon walk. Usually I only go there because the Post Office is convenient for the rare package mailing, and most recently I had my passport processed there. The tunnel that connects the Library of Congress to the Cannon House Office Building is usually filled with pedestrians of all kinds. Now the entrance is restricted to staff only, so the once in a while lunch with outside friends has stopped. But rather than head to any of the aforementioned places, I decided to walk to the end of the Rayburn building - the furthest one away - and back. It was relatively empty of furniture and visitors. The one thing in common is the grey and boring hallways. I heard someone on a tour say this looks worse than a crummy high school in Michigan when they passed by me going in the opposite direction. The little train station is located at the Rayburn building - an alternate route to the Capitol building if you don't feel like maneuvering the maze of halls. I didn't recognize anyone as I made my rounds, but I don't pay any attention either. The goal is to get away from my desk for awhile and it is an interesting place to walk - or is it?









No comments:

Post a Comment