Saturday, May 30, 2015

Taking Photos From a Different Perspective

Not that my husband is shy, he just doesn't like to have his photo taken. So I need to be creative if I want to get some snapshots of him. This is particularly true if I post anything on line. So over the years I find that some of the more interesting backgrounds make some of the most memorable photos. I love the shadows of us just walking along the sidewalks of DC. The other day on our Monday morning walk, we passed by the American Indian Museum. It's very quiet at that time of the day. There is a wall of windows that face a man made stream. Once you pass by, it gives a carninal windows feel. It also reminds me of the famous Orson Wells movie "The Lady From Shanghai" with the hall of mirrors scene at the end. I pulled that trick in France and England - or whenever there are walls of glass with reflections. Sometimes he knows what I am up to and plays along. Sometimes he doesn't know and that makes it even better. I always need to tell him that if I take a photo of him it's just for me. And most of the time that is true. But every once in awhile I do share it with a few other folks.




No comments:

Post a Comment