Wednesday, June 7, 2017

The Sasanian Empire Symposium at the Library of Congress

I don't like to get up early - but I will if I HAVE to! This morning was a program at the Library of Congress about the Sasanian Empire that started at 9 AM, which meant I would need to be up by 7:30. I don't have a lot of interest in the subject matter, but my husband does. So I go along for the ride, and it's been awhile since we have attended a program. This would be an all day event, but we would be attending the first part of it only. What I like about a symposium like this is that it is at the Library of Congress Jefferson Building. It's only two blocks away from our house and easy for us to walk to. The Library was also my place of employment for ten years and the reason we moved to Washington DC. I also have a dress from Isfahan that I donated to the Middle Eastern section. So this morning in a fairly crowded space in the beautiful room of the NE Pavillion, we heard about the garden, the walls, the maps, and the history of Iranshahr. The acoustics in the room make it very difficult to understand! When we left, the building was full of visitors admiring one of the most remarkable buildings in town. I'm astounded that I actually worked there - and I much prefer visiting.









No comments:

Post a Comment