Tuesday, October 23, 2018

Chase Jury Card Prepaid Card Account

About a month or so ago I received a summons for jury duty and was miraculously excused because it was exactly a year to the date I last served. I knew that because I marked it on the calendar and I’m sure they hoped I would have forgotten - even though it’s probably noted in their records that I have served at least four times since we moved here. Yesterday I was reminded of it when I received a letter from Chase prepaid card services with an enclosed check for $4.00. The letter said the check represents a settlement payment in connection with the Scott v JPMorgan Chase Settlement. It meant the “balance in my Chase Jury Card prepaid card account has been closed.” All I remember is that instead of getting a check for jury duty service last time, we received a debit card. I also remember I wasn’t able to cash it out and pretty much forgot about it. It sounds like a lot of other people had trouble cashing out their cards too - or perhaps were charged fees on the huge sum of $4.00. It says you can cash the check out at any Chase branch without incurring a fee. I’m not doing that because I prefer using my mobile app to deposit checks. Let’s hope it goes through. I’m not sure whose idea it was to use debit cards for such small amounts. Sometimes it’s better not to fiddle with something that works for most. It’s irritating enough to go to jury duty so often. But having difficulty getting paid for it is nuts. 














No comments:

Post a Comment