Thursday, October 25, 2018

Sore Throat or Nexium for Heartburn?

We got our flu shots a couple of weeks ago. For the last several days I was feeling not quite myself. Then a couple of days ago I got a sore throat that would not quit. Two nights ago I couldn’t sleep it was so bad. I kept thinking about strep throat and nightmares about the emergency room. When my husband checked my throat it wasn’t red or weird. But with every swallow it hurt. And in between the swallows it felt inflamed and on fire. So we thought maybe I was having heartburn or acid reflux, and got some Nexium. It seemed I had a lot of the signs and symptoms for it. But I was also chilled and hot, and I felt congested - but no temperature. Yesterday I took a nap in the afternoon from exhaustion. But my throat still burned. So out came the DayQuil. Then out came the NyQuil. I slept on a wedge last night and didn’t move a muscle for most of the night. I still don’t have an appetite and just feel exhausted. But for the first time in several days that horrible sore throat is finally gone. So it’s more DayQuil today and more sleep this afternoon. We still don’t know what this is - a cold, virus, flu, heartburn - all of them? All I know is I can’t wait until it’s over and happy I don’t need to be anywhere. I’d much rather be taking a morning walk or getting my drivers license renewed. But that will just have to wait. 












No comments:

Post a Comment