Tuesday, October 22, 2019

First - Sandra Day O’Connor by Evan Thomas

It was a delightful day. It started with breakfast at simply fresh in the neighborhood, and then a drive into town for a Kluge Center Author Salon at the Library of Congress.  We really enjoy the events at the Library and I got tickets for it a few weeks ago. Finding parking was beyond ridiculous. We usually park near our old house on Capitol Hill and walk the few blocks, like I did for ten years when I worked there. Finally we found a spot and saw a few Halloween decorations in the yards along the way. For all the cars there wasn’t much foot traffic. Whenever we enter the Madison building it brings back a lot of memories. I am very glad I had the opportunity to work at the library. This event was held in a room where I attended many meetings and there is an interesting view of the Capitol Building from the sixth floor. The question and answer session between the author Evan Thomas and his wife Osceola and the moderator about Sandra Day O’Connor was mesmerizing. It was perhaps one of the best events we have attended. Afterwards we walked through the cafeteria and I ran in to three of my past colleagues. It’s always so nice to see familiar faces in an otherwise hustle and bustle town. My husband always asks me if I ever miss working at the Library. And I always say it’s so much better when I can come and go as I please. It’s a great excuse to visit the city, and so very familiar. 






















No comments:

Post a Comment