Tuesday, October 1, 2019

VIP Corporate Housing

My husband and I lived in the Midwest for over thirty years. We just moved to a new condo in Northern Virginia almost six months ago after living on Capitol Hill for thirteen years. It took us about five years to figure out where to finally “settle.” We have family in the DC area, but we also have a lot of friends and colleagues in the Midwest. We decided to take a little vacation to Milwaukee after having not visited for three years. But rather than stay with anyone we know for almost two weeks, I researched about places that have a longer stay option. I’m not a fan of Air B&B, and a Hotel wouldn’t work. A few years ago I found an organization called VIP corporate housing and inquired about a longer stay option. My husband would never go for a month, or even three weeks. So it sounded like it might be a good alternative for us if we could make it for about ten days. The location I wanted wasn’t available, but there were two other sites. We decided on Lafayette Park Towers on the east side along Lake Michigan. Unfortunately we are on the city side rather than the Lake side, but the one bedroom apartment is nice. I came upon a “welcome” gift in the closet the other day. It was unexpected, but a cute house warming idea. I don’t know if we will do this again but it is overall a nice option. Usually we would just stay for a long weekend. But when you’re driving, it’s hardly worth the trouble. Now we have an opportunity to visit with and see so many more people we really want to be around. We miss them a lot. But it’s just too darn cold to move here. 














No comments:

Post a Comment