Saturday, October 19, 2019

Western Exposure is Delightful

We noticed it the most when we came home from a short trip to visit our family about a month ago. When we walked in the door, the living room was filled with light coming from the western sun setting at around seven in the evening. When we lived in DC, the views from our condo were quite inhibited, although to be fair there were occasional bright days. I always preferred sunset to sunrise - probably because I am an evening person. That seems to be when I have most of my energy. I don’t know how I survived getting ready for 7 AM shifts when I was a practicing clinical nurse/manager. I remember getting terribly upset when my father used to wake us up to get ready for school. So the evening is always delightful. And the lighting effects from the sun setting against the large dining room mirror enhance the scene even more. The light brightly shines along the kitchen and the hallway as the light bounces off the reflective glass. This will be our first fall/winter in our new northern Virginia condo. So far it is just lovely. 












No comments:

Post a Comment