Wednesday, October 9, 2019

Milwaukee Art Museum Art

The Milwaukee Art Museum Calatrava architecture is beautiful. It was built in downtown along Lake Michigan before we moved to DC thirteen years ago. While on a visit to the Midwest last week we caught up with a friend who is a docent at the museum, and she gave us a private tour followed by lunch. I don’t remember exactly when we last saw the artwork inside the museum. I do know I hadn’t started my blog until we lived in DC, and that’s why I take note of things about me more than I ever did before. I’m always looking to find subject matter to write about, and take photos of the subject at hand. So this was a great opportunity to capture the images of the many and varied artworks inside the museum. I tend to like the impressionist interpretations the most, or those whimsical in nature. Some of the contemporary stuff is unique but certainly not to my taste. I suppose the definition of Art is that it brings out some sort of reaction. What the docent tells us about a painting is oftentimes nothing I would have thought about. All in all it was a lovely day - I know what I like when I see it. 

































No comments:

Post a Comment