Wednesday, October 30, 2019

What a Difference a Week Makes

It’s been an uneven fall season. Last week we took a day trip and visited the Virginia Safari animal park in Natural Bridge and thought we would see an autumnal view of the Shenandoah Valley. Everything was still pretty green. When we took our usual morning walk in the park the following day, the leaves were also pretty much still green. I read somewhere that the peak time would be this week in to November 2 or so? I’m not sure why I like the fall season so much - maybe it was my dad’s favorite and my parents always visited us in the Midwest at that time. I remember my mom burning leaves in Connecticut as a youngster all those years ago. We are planning to drive south towards Richmond this week to see a dog show and hoping to see a final glimpse of the season. Yesterday in the park the palette was still all over the map. But there were more reds and golds than greens. Some of the leaves were huge - bigger than your head! With the expected rain today and tomorrow most of what remains will invariably end the best of this time of year. And daylight savings will again remind us of the shorter days ahead. Regardless it feels like the year passed by even quicker than last. Best to enjoy it all while we can. 



























No comments:

Post a Comment