Thursday, October 17, 2019

VIP Corporate Housing

I looked in to it a few years ago. If and when we ever decided to visit our old hometown in Milwaukee for more than a long weekend and less than a month, what would be a housing option? Staying with friends would be outlandish for more than a few days, and I’m not in to the Airbnb. So I came across VIP corporate housing and asked if we could rent something for less than the thirty day minimum. It’s about the same price  or less than a hotel daily rate, and a one bedroom apartment would be a lot more comfortable. They said yes, and that was it. Last month we decided it might be a good idea to actually stay in Milwaukee for about two weeks. So I contacted VIP and asked again if a two week option was available. They said yes - and there were two properties that could accommodate. One was on the lower east side and another in the third ward. We spent a lot of time on the lower east side so we selected Park Lafayette Towers. My husband was very reluctant to plan to spend so many days in one place. in fact, we have never spent any time in one place aside from overseas trips. But I knew there would be many friends to visit And things to do and the time would fly by. And, I was right. The experience was delightful, the communication with VIP from beginning to end was outstanding, and the accommodations were terrific - although I would have preferred a view over Lake Michigan. All in all it was a great experience that included an underground parking space and a stint in a high rise - something I normally would avoid. Would we do it again? Yes. I’m sure availability depends on time of the year and providing more advanced notice. For us, it was the perfect place. 


























  

No comments:

Post a Comment