Thursday, April 2, 2020

Banana Crisps?

Because I have high blood pressure - for most of my life - I need to eat food with potassium. That was proven many years ago when I was taking a diuretic that flattened out my potassium - not a good thing. The prescription was changed to a combination of pills along with a diuretic every 5-6 days. Since then a banana every evening has become a habit. But these days getting fresh fruit is a challenge because we don’t go to the grocery store. We’ve been ordering the groceries on line and having them delivered in and it’s been difficult getting consistent times. This week we ended up with an excess of bananas that became too mushy to eat. My husband looked around for some recipes and came up with banana crisps. We don’t even own a cake pan to even think about making banana bread. So this morning I could hear him chopping up the bananas, then putting them on the cookie sheet, and then in to the oven for ninety minutes at 250 degrees. Neither one of us has tried them yet. I hope they are somehow edible? 







No comments:

Post a Comment