Thursday, April 9, 2020

Day of Reckoning - First Haircut (at home) with Woner Hair Clipper

It was inevitable. We ordered a Woner hair clipper through Amazon and it arrived on March 25. That was already a few weeks after my husband’s last haircut. He gets antsy when his hair gets even a little long, and we were now several weeks out since his last official haircut. So yesterday was the day for the first trial. I have never used a hair clipper before, although I did cut hair with scissors at the dorm when I went to Florida State - over forty years ago! We looked up a you tube video to get a quick lesson and I quickly read through the instruction book. We wrapped my husband up in a plastic bag and sat him on the edge of the tub. It didn’t make any difference - the hair went everywhere. I started with the back of the head - a bit too short on the right side, so I turned the blade up and put on a longer clipper. It helped, but I wasn’t very confident. Then I did the sideburns and sides with a longer clipper and finally turned to the comb and scissors to trim the top. Lastly I tried going around the ears but was afraid I might cut something. My husband kept giving me encouraging words and in the end he said it looked better than what any barber could have done. I know his tricks. Hopefully I won’t have to do this many more times because cleaning up the hair was a mess. Now I need to figure out how to clean the blade so it continues to work. I suppose it could have been a lot worse. These are the days when a bald head is the best option. 












No comments:

Post a Comment