Sunday, April 26, 2020

Zazzle Furry Dachshund Golf Balls

Just when things were getting in to a bit of a rhythm, it all came to a screeching halt. I started painting custom pet digitalart portraits soon after the iPad first came out in 2010. I opened an Etsy store, then moved on to Pixels/Fine Art America, Zazzle, Redbubble, Amazon Merch, and my own website - LIT Digital Art. Then highlighted all of it on my blog, LITs Capitol Hill/Hell, a Facebook business page, Instagram, Twitter, Pinterest, Tumbler. It’s a full time job keeping it all going. It’s really more of a hobby than a business and thank goodness for that. It was such a treat to get notified when someone purchased an item with an image of something I created on it. That actually meant more to me than any amount of money. The last purchase was from somebody in England who bought three golf balls with my long haired dachshund face on them. That was in early March. It feels like centuries ago. We have been housebound since March 13. Now that face masks are probably going to be a permanent part of life several of the websites are making them available - Zazzle and Pixels. I just don’t see face masks as an artsy endeavor, but who knows? Maybe it has something to do with having been in health care for thirty years. I wore them in the cath lab and ICU, and they weren’t the most comfortable gear - now they are even more annoying but essential. If my little “business” took a jolt, I can only imagine how it must feel fir anyone depending on it to live. It also reminds me of why I chose nursing as a major - it was in the 1970’s and the economy was a mess. I thought I would be able to get a job and I was right - everyone was shocked by my decision because science and math were not my strong suits. Even though my heart was in Art my mind was making me be practical. It served me well throughout the years. I wonder how this pandemic will affect how people will choose their careers? All I knew was you’d always find a job in nursing - anywhere, any place, any shift. Art became a hobby and I’m very happy with that. 








No comments:

Post a Comment