Friday, April 17, 2020

Ore-Ida French Fries Treat

I love French fries - who doesn’t? I remember walking to the 5 and dime, sitting at the counter, and eating French fries with a soda. When McDonald’s came around it was even better. Cholesterol levels run high in my family and I’m sure that snack didn’t help. My husband loves French fries too. It’s been seven weeks since we have ventured outside - we’re are being cautious due to age and blood pressure issues. The last restaurant we went to was Italian, so I’m not sure when we had our last French fry. We have been lucky enough to score Peapod grocery runs and I added Ore-Ida French fries to the list. It’s hit and miss with any delivery service, but I’m just thrilled to have the option. We did try shopping at 1 AM to avoid the crowds early one Sunday morning, but as long as I can nab a delivery time I’d prefer that route. So yesterday we thought we would try some French fries as an appetizer before dinner. Half an hour in the oven and they were ready - and they were delicious. I’m sure a lot of it has to do with the fact that we haven’t had a treat like that in weeks. It was the highlight of the day. I am so thankful for everything that we have. A French fry is a small reminder. How things are going to change. 










No comments:

Post a Comment