Wednesday, April 8, 2020

RIP James Drury - The Virginian

I loved James Drury. We watched every Virginian TV show that was ever made. When we had a horrible snow storm in DC several years back, we were stuck in the house for two weeks. We stumbled upon all the Virginian reruns, and the nostalgia of it all gripped me all those years later. Shortly after that I found out that James Drury went around to different venues for signed autographs and conversation. Apparently he also went to rodeos and such to promote his old role, and he obviously loved horses. So back in 2010 he was going to be at a gun show in Harrisburg, Pennsylvania - not too far from DC. I didn’t care so much about a gun show, but it would make for a fun outing. And there he was - sitting at the table signing photos. Of course I got one, but then my husband asked if we could get a photo of us together. Mr. Drury obliged and was very charming at 75 years of age. But then my husband asked him “what about a kiss?” and he obliged that too! I was a bit taken aback, and turned a bright red. Think about all those actresses that he worked with. Anyway, it was sad to hear of his passing yesterday - one of many these days. But I felt like I knew him personally - and I kinda sorta did. And what makes it even quirkier is that we now live in Virginia. 








2 comments:

  1. You were so lucky to have met him & be kissed by him!😁👏. I watch the reruns every day. He was so handsome & a fine actor. A great loss!❤️

    ReplyDelete
  2. So sorry for the late response, but thanks for noticing! I loved James Drury!

    ReplyDelete