Saturday, December 26, 2020

52Frames - The Year 2020

I’m not a photographer, but I love taking photos. My only camera is my iPhone and I use it every day for this blog and to capture whatever happens to come my way. A friend told me about 52Frames, and I’ve been participating for six weeks. The idea is to read about the week’s challenge, take a photo that week, upload it, and comment about other people’s work. It’s a great diversion. This week’s challenge is the year 2020. My husband is a great advisor and insisted a picture of the National Mall made the most sense. I didn’t agree but usually end up posting whatever he prefers. I told him it looked more like a snapshot than a serious photographer’s effort. I thought my foggy glasses said it all - “I can’t see clearly now” being the title. The empty Supreme Court - essential workers only - and the empty Capitol building - never here anyway, were other ideas. Then there was the usual hand sanitizer and more foggy glasses. The four walls of our living room and my husband and my reflection - indicating it was good to have a partner more than ever this year - were two other ideas. I still think the foggy glasses tells the whole story. But an even longer story was told using the Washington monument with a bit of light - with a title “the grass has never been greener - no one is here.” You can think of a million reasons why it works from isolation, storm clouds, light at the end of the tunnel, etc. It requires too much explanation. My husband loved it. I didn’t. What do you think?! Oops - forgot my husband’s home haircuts! 





















No comments:

Post a Comment