Saturday, December 19, 2020

The Four Promises Children’s Book

It was eight years ago! My children’s book “The Four Promises” was transformed in to an app by StoryChimes. Shortly thereafter I turned the story in to a self published book on Amazon. I not only wrote it but also painted all the art work. Thinking back on it I don’t know how I did it. “A Tiny Fish Tale” was also turned in to an app. That was my first book. What’s so special about “The Four Promises” is that it was published in December, and the story is about my grandson and the words of wisdom his father shared with him before he was deployed to Iraq as an army surgeon. Since the app has never been updated to meet current operating system requirements I decided I should save the story by recording a bit of it off an old iPhone that still supports the rudimentary elements. I was so tickled to have the story accepted and created. Back in the day having an app was really special. It sold for ninety-nine cents! This week I sent the saved movie that was made of the app as it we playing to our grandson and asked him if his dad had had that conversation with him lately. He’s 17 years old now and has a lot of other things on his mind, but at least he remembered it. His mom had a much different take on it. It was a tough time for any family to be separated. That’s why it was so easy to write about. And being the holiday season, it’s a great story to think about it at least once a year. 























No comments:

Post a Comment