Monday, December 14, 2020

Christopher Radko Ornaments

The colorful glass ornaments are the Christmas decorations I remember as a child along with the colorful lights. My dad and I would get the Christmas tree right around my birthday. None of those ornaments remain, except I still have the stocking my mom knit for me soon after I was born. It has my name and a Santa on it. It, along with my brother and sister’s stockings, were hung on the cardboard fireplace. It was all so believable. All these years later we have one box of Christopher Radko ornaments. When we moved to DC fourteen years ago we left behind just about everything, but I kept that box that we got in Chicago. The shiny vibrant colors and images are so captivating. The snowman is my favorite. Usually we aren’t home for the holiday, but I always put these ornaments up - just not in the usual way. This year they are hanging from the top of the dining room mirror at various levels, above the console plant stand that has a vase stuffed with greenery and branches, birds, icicles, Santa, berries and lights. The only other ornament is a glass partridge in a pear tree that I got for my husband when we first met. My stocking is in the foyer. All I can say is the theme should be “I’ll STAY Home for Christmas” this year. What a fitting song. 




















No comments:

Post a Comment