Tuesday, December 22, 2020

A Tiny Fish Tale Children’s Book

My first children’s book “A Tiny Fish Tale” was published about eight years ago. It was about a Betta fish called GW, short for George Washington. Aside from writing the story, I painted all the illustrations using my iPad. It was first available as a StoryChimes app through the iTunes Store and sold for ninety-nine cents! But the app didn’t include my illustrations and was never updated. It can’t be viewed on the latest operating system. So I dug out an old iPhone and took some photos of the app pages, and listened to the tale. Since that time I self published the book on Amazon using my paintings, and it is available as a Kindle download, or as a hard copy children’s book. Since then two other books were written and illustrated. “The Four Promises” and “My Trip to Washington DC” both were about my grandsons - one who lived in Washington, DC and the other in California. When I look back at how it all happened it surprises me. I always liked to draw since I can remember. I was an editor of our high school newspaper and contemplated a career in journalism. Neither of those options came to fruition. I opted for nursing instead just to ensure I could find a job. The writing and the art were always helpful during my career wherever it took me. Now I spend a lot of time doing both. 























No comments:

Post a Comment