Thursday, December 31, 2020

LITDigitalart Christmas Pet Portraits

I’ve been painting pet portraits for over eight years using my iPad as the canvas and the stylus as my brush. It’s so much neater than watercolors, pastels and charcoal. The Christmas season always tends to be the busiest time of year. Luckily my studio travels with me, but this year was the first time we didn’t drive home for my birthday or Christmas. So I was able to spend more than the usual time getting the requests completed for the holiday deadlines. I really have to thank my repeat customers for remembering me. Many of the commissions came from folks I have done paintings for several years ago. That probably means more to me than any new customer, and the feedback on my Etsy site is so positive. With every portrait I always send the in process, ideas for digitalart options, and a PNG image that can be used if a background is not needed - like for a T-shirt. I never post the final portraits on social media until the holiday passes in the event someone might see it unexpectedly. Once the holiday is over I start to upload the portraits to Fine Art America/Pixels, Zazzle, Redbubble and Amazon Merch to sell the digitalart art images on products; Etsy to showcase my latest work; and all the other social media outlets like Twitter, Facebook Business page, Instagram, and Tumblr. Today I got an email informing me that someone in Suffolk, UK purchased a ten greeting card pack of my Cairn Terrier portrait. What a lovely way to end the year. The profits are tiny, but the idea that someone from across the ocean noticed and purchased my painting out of all the millions of images out there is thrilling. So, thank you so much for trusting my work. I really appreciate it! 




























No comments:

Post a Comment