Wednesday, May 25, 2011

Freezing Cold

I'm not sure why the person who is always hot is in the hot office, and the person who is always cold is in the cold office. And, for someone who LOVES sunshine and looking out the window, my current office is in the inner core- no where near a window. It's almost claustrophobic. What's most annoying is to see people who actually DO have a window close the blinds and turn down the thermostat. And above me is the escalator that provides a continuous loud knocking sound until 5 PM. The wind was coming in with such a force that I could not stand it anymore. Finally, a huge pipe was diverted away from the vent, and I have some respite- still cold but no wind; however, the rest of the office staff are  complaining because the terrible cold wind has been redirected towards them. Growing up in Florida, I always had a sweater and an umbrella on hand. In Wisconsin, it was so cold all year round it hardly mattered what I did to stay warm because nothing worked. Here, it's like being in Florida and Wisconsin for all the wrong reasons. 
The only window faces the inner sanctum


The only light comes from the lamps and ceiling

No comments:

Post a Comment