Monday, November 25, 2013

Capitol Christmas Tree

I am really proud of my husband. I knew the Capitol Christmas Tree would be arriving this morning from its long journey from Washington State. But I also knew I would not be anywhere near it when it did. When my phone rang at work this morning, my husband said he had just taken photos of the tree that he saw on his morning walk on the Mall. The 88-foot-tall Spruce was sitting in front of the American Indian Museum on a very long flat bed truck. He usually doesn't pay attention to things like this but occasionally remembers how much I like  to write about events in the neighborhood. Soon the tree will be decorated with homemade ornaments from kids around the country and the lighting ceremony is scheduled for December 3. Since we moved to DC we have seen a few lighting ceremonies and several beautiful trees. But I've never seen one delivered - until today, thanks to my husband. 






No comments:

Post a Comment