Friday, November 29, 2013

The Grey Hair Dilemma - Or Is It?

One of my friend's is thinking about letting her hair go grey. Of course, I think it is a fabulous idea because I have never colored my hair and it started turning grey in my late twenties, if not before that. My mother had beautiful silver hair, but it is very thin now and she has the best wigs, all in grey/silver. In high school I had a "shag" wig that I wore to change things up from long hair. After having an early lunch at The Tune Inn today, we passed by a wig shop on Pennsylvania Avenue and checked out the merchandise.  I'm not so sure the green or orange hair styles will work, but they are fun to look at. When my friend comes back from her Thanksgiving break, we'll take a ride to Alexandria where there are at least two wig shops on King Street filled with grey wigs. She can try a few and see if the idea is a good one, or even wear a wig during the transition - not a bad idea with the cold weather ahead. So it can serve as a warm hat too! Maybe she'll decide to go grey and get a wig matching her current hair color. So many choices!





No comments:

Post a Comment