Thursday, November 21, 2013

Omaha Steaks Thanksgiving Dinner

No, it will never be like Mom did and I am too lazy and really dislike cooking. My husband doesn't care for turkey, but we are hosting a five person Thanksgiving dinner next week. My favorite Jennie O brand isn't available anywhere in town and you can't even order it anymore! Last year we tried Omaha steaks and it suited the purpose. With a vegetarian in the group it becomes even more interesting. The contents arrived in a big styrofoam container in dry ice. It was unpacked and promptly put in the freezer. So aside from the two pound turkey breast for three people will be a big pot of soup for most of us, and a special vegetarian treat my husband makes - and he loves cooking.  In the end it's not about the food anyway. I would rather find a cozy restaurant and let someone else deal with the preparations. If you have a difficult time starting a conversation they even enclose some cards to get you started. I don't think there will be a need for them. 






No comments:

Post a Comment