Tuesday, November 19, 2013

Capitol Visitor Center - A Good Time to Visit

Every once in awhile on my afternoon break I will walk over to the Capitol Visitor Center. Usually I walk the long halls of the Library of Congress Madison Building to get away from my desk in an office with no windows and an escalator churning overhead. I get to the CVC by traversing the underground tunnels that connect all these buildings. I still have a piece of brick from the Jefferson Building when the groundbreaking ceremony for the tunnel that connects the Library to the Capitol occurred. Depending on the season, the CVC is wildly busy with tourists and school groups. Now, however, it is really quiet. You could easily see all the exhibits and take the tour at a leisurely pace. It is worth it to see these sights. So if you are ever in the mood to visit Washington DC without a big headache, this is the time!









No comments:

Post a Comment