Wednesday, November 27, 2013

Rain, Snow, Cafe Deluxe, Safeway, and Tourists

I took the day off from work because it seemed like the right thing to do and I have several custom dog portraits to paint... and then there's the possible root canal festering - rats! But before getting started on anything we needed to pick up a few things for Thanksgiving dinner because the guest list might increase by one, and what we thought was enough wouldn't be. So we headed out along the George Washington Parkway towards Cafe Deluxe in Tyson's for a quick lunch because they have sheltered parking - which is a good thing on a day like this. I wasn't thrilled to see the snowflakes, because that it the primary reason we left Milwaukee for DC. Along the way there and back, we saw a few tourists hanging in there in spite of the wind and sleet, and most looked totally unprepared for the awful weather. But they probably don't notice it as much as I do. The city looks very different in the raindrops, and I was just glad I was viewing it from inside the car. The restaurant was understandably more quiet than usual. We stopped at Safeway for a few things, then headed home - an even better place to be on a day like this. I hope the dentist office is open on Friday because I just don't feel like trying to get in today. Hope I'm not sorry!











No comments:

Post a Comment