Saturday, August 25, 2018

Amazon Ordering - Need to Check Unit Amount More Carefully!

With my enthusiasm for ordering items on Amazon I sometimes forget to look more carefully at the number of items I order - or should I say - the number of items included in one order. We became Prime members a few months back. So we made a list of generic type things and compared the prices on items like toilet paper to our grocery store. Who would have guessed there are about ten different Charmin types, sizes, and variations? Anyway, we ended up getting many more rolls of toilet paper because I didn’t look carefully at the detail of how many items really were included in just one order. We won’t be needing TP for a long time! Last week I ordered Nips chocolate parfait candy because my husband’s supply was low. We ended up with many, many boxes of the stuff. Luckily we had plenty of room in the cabinet above the refrigerator to store it in. Then I ordered toothpaste. My husband uses a different brand than I do and he said three tubes would be enough. I ended up ordering three items with three tubes each - or getting nine toothpastes! Luckily for us all these things will be used up. But I have realized now that I need to look closer at the fine print and not be swayed by how many people bought a particular item, or the item may come up on the top of the list. There are so many options sometimes it can be overwhelming. We have a new Whole Foods store opening up just 2-3 blocks from where we live. We usually don’t shop at Whole Foods but it may be worth our while to check in to it, just for the prime savings - and the fact that we can walk to the grocery store. In the end I really like the convenience of ordering on Amazon. But I really need to be more careful! 










No comments:

Post a Comment