Sunday, November 3, 2019

Nationals World Series Champs Parade

We usually hang out across the street from the archives on constitution avenue. But yesterday we walked to the rally area by the Capitol building and then to the Washington monument where the nats parade would start. It was a lovely fall day, but cold enough to wear winter jackets and hats. I dug out the red nationals cap for my husband. Since we no longer live on Capitol Hill we decided to drive in in from northern Virginia ten miles away, park in the old neighborhood, and go from there. We arrived at 1100 and had three hours to kill. It’s getting harder and harder to walk and stand around for several hours and we felt it when we got home. It ended up being five miles! But we couldn’t let the day go by without showing up for this very exciting day. After all, we went to the hockey team championship parade and had little to do with them. Baseball is in the family and it was with nostalgia that we went - for my dad, my brother, memories, and finally a festive event that everyone was excited about. I took a lot of photos and videos and sent them to my grandson who grew up with the nationals since he was a baby. It’s been an unbelievable last few weeks. I think it all made baseball history books. 


































No comments:

Post a Comment