Friday, February 17, 2012

What's Killing Off the Plants?

There are several planter pots along the sidewalk in front of some of the businesses. I pass by them on my way to work. But something struck me funny about one of the pots in particular. On each side of this particular pot were two planted shrubs that seemed to be doing just fine. These plants were both relatively tall and green- so what happened to the one in the middle? Upon closer inspection of the pot in question, it became very obvious what the problem was. Not only does this town have an overabundance of smokers, they seem not to care where they snuff out their butts, in spite of the fact that there are receptacles placed just about everywhere for this purpose. That sends a signal about how caring and considerate these folks may be. I am not an environmentalist per se, but I could not imagine abusing a poor plant in such a way. But then, I would not slam a door in someone's face either- and that is almost a daily occurrence. Poor manners? Or just too busy to even think about it? It hardly makes a difference- but something I am still not used to.
What's happening here?

It's quite obvious

Disgusting! Poor thing

Do you think anyone else noticed?

No comments:

Post a Comment