Monday, January 5, 2015

McLean Barber Shop

I don't know the verdict yet, but will find out soon. Since we moved to DC, my husband has tried several barber shops. In Milwaukee, he went to Joe's place for most of the thirty years we lived there. At the first place in DC, he came home with lopsided sideburns. At the second place, the barber was probably near 80 years old, didn't wear glasses, and my husband came home with a few nicks and cuts. Then he went to a more "upscale" place.  The haircut was nice, but they went out of business. Then he tried a place in Alexandria. One girl was quite good - but he rarely got her. The other girl was terrible and he came home looking worse than when he went. So today he is trying something new at a place right next to where we have breakfast every Saturday. The reviews are good, and the person who owns it may even share the same name as his. I'm keeping my fingers crossed. Let's hope it works out this time. It's only a twenty minute drive on the GW Parkway. I can't believe there isn't a decent place nearer to where we live. We just haven't found it. 


No comments:

Post a Comment