Tuesday, December 20, 2016

Custom Pet Portrait Christmas Orders

I hate turning people away, but in order to maintain my sanity I need to curtail the requests for pet portraits when I am feeling overwhelmed! Each portrait requires a good chunk of time, in addition to the set up and communication with the customer along the way. And when the portrait is completed, I like to post the final product in my etsy shop, Pixels, and all the other social media. This is my busiest time of year and I really enjoy painting on my iPad, and hoping the portrait will meet everyone's expectations. The memorial portraits are always the most carefully made, because I know how it feels to lose a furry friend. So when the orders start, I not only log them in online, but keep a paper copy in front of me to keep things visual. It shows the dates ordered, the deadline dates, and the status. A big DONE is written over the entry when the time comes. I try to keep things orderly in the queue, and gauge my time accordingly. Luckily I have repeat customers who are sensitive to the time crunch and are willing to wait a little longer. The reactions I get are well worth the effort,  but I am happy to have more time for myself and husband - and life in general - when the rush is over. So if you are ever in the market for a digital art portrait, contact me! But keep in mind things get crazy this time of year.


No comments:

Post a Comment